2 things we can learn about Patrick Swayze’s death:
- quality of live means living life as you were used to
- a good spirit in a terribly sick body does outlive medical prognosis by far in ways modern medicine simply denies. Patrick outlived doctor’s pancreatic prognosis by a year. Not being sick in bed but by working hard and living the life he loved.
A strong mind like Patrick Swayze’s is only one of the factors in order to treat cancer: you have to do everything right:
The best cancer treatment: having a healthy body
Unfortunately without a proven cure, your body is your best weapon against the disease.
As long as there is no bullet proof cure for cancer, it all boils down to Darwin’s survival of the fittest. The best way to get ahead of cancer is:
- making sure you don’t get cancer
- making sure your body has and receives as much as possible to kill cancer cells, unfortunately that’s a vague description of what exactly needs to be done or needs to be in place.
Cancer prevention boils down to eating and living healthy, keeping a healthy mind in a healthy body.
For those of you wondering why Patrick Swayze kept smoking after his diagnosis of stage 4 pancreatic cancer, his answer was:
our priority is to eliminate what will kill me the fastest
However, if you want to survive cancer, your priority should be: I am going to do everything right.
Easier said than done in a world were your job stresses you out, car smoke pollutes your air, food is filled with residue’s and water is polluted…
But if your life is dear to you, then you cannot use all the above as an excuse. My father had been smoking, had worked with asbestos and didn’t eat much vegetables nor fruit. Father died with metastatic liver cancer in a way I wouldn’t even wish my worst enemy.
When your life is dear to you, start doing all the things that our metastatic liver cancer patients are doing:
- the healthier you are: the better you can fight of diseases and
- the healthier you are: the better chemo- or any other therapy could help you fighting the disease
- focus on less stress,
- more relaxation,
- more exercise (Jim’s son – is swimming twice a week for both exercise and relaxation),
- a healthy diet based on a variety of organic products
- make sure you have a hobby to pass your time doing something you love, that’s why Patrick Swayze before his death finished his latest TV series The Beast
1. Believe there is a cure : believe it like you believe the sun will rise tomorrow.
2. Use conventional medicine like chemotherapy, surgery and/or radiation therapy.
3. Use any extra available (alternative) treatments to boost your immune system and overall health:
4. Follow an holistic health approach: having a healthy spirit in a healthy body:
5. Make sure you have money or good health insurance to buy what you need to better achieve all of the above.
6. Surround yourself with as many loving and helpful creatures you can find: according to Patrick Swayze:
"you gotta have a dog"
Our deepest condolences to Patrick’s Swayze’s wife, friends and family. We pray that a dead Patrick Swayze will awake influential people like Oprah Winfrey to spread the world that modern medicine alone can not cure cancer: you have to do everything right but we still need to find the missing link…